Monday, September 3, 2018

TZ 21 Perfectionism is Toxic.


Reflecting on how my mission is going... I see that I am not contented with how well I am doing. 

It is basically because I have this mindset of becoming a "Perfect Person"

And I still have this mindset but not as severe as before.

I have seen that having a mindset of becoming perfect is toxic. We in this life will never be perfect. 

It is part of Heavenly Father's plan that we make mistakes in life. 

Mistakes such as not being able to pass a test, a job interview, etc. 

We do not find happiness when we want to be perfect in this life. Happiness is when we try our best to be a better version of ourselves. 

This is why Heavenly Father sent Jesus Christ to perform the Atonement. 

He knows that we will make mistakes in life. 

I too am a perfectionist. I testify that it does not give happiness! I guess this invite is for the perfectionist. But I invite everyone to find out for theirs, in one sentence. 

What does it mean to you what a successful person is. 

Make it short as possible. Be careful of the lurking thought of becoming perfect. 


Be Ye Therefore Perfect—Eventually



No comments:

Post a Comment