Monday, April 1, 2019

TZ 47 Tainan 4th Ward.


Hello everyone! I am now serving in Tainan 4th ward. Which I think is at 北區。

First things first. I miss the Dakeng apartment. It was small, simple and cleaned! Haha! Apparently this apartment wasn't cleaned well enough. It took me days to get used to the apartment.

My new companion is named Elder Merriman. Straight out from the factory. This is his third transfer which means he just got out from training. 

So last week, we were doing language and companionship study at a Family Mart. I've always thought it would be cool if Heavenly Father would send someone to sit beside us and be interested in learning about Jesus Christ or the message we share. Yes, you guessed it! Someone actually sat right next to me! And so we had a conversation about his religious beliefs and ours as well. We ended up teaching him the Plan of Happiness. It was a cool experience. 

Another cool experience happened yesterday. After the Sunday school class ended. I decided that I would talk to the stake president and get to know him more. We ended up talking about his mission in Taipei. We talked him being able to see one of his Recent Converts get baptized, receive the priesthood, receiving his endowment, and then being sealed with his family. All within the two years of his mission! So after talking about that, I thought if he was able to meet my parents while he was serving in Taipei. Decided that I'd show our family picture outside the temple after being sealed. 他說他好像有看過你們(sorry I don't know how to translate that to English 😂) 剛好 Brother Tregaskis (my parents 福音長老) that week, sent an email to me with some photos from his mission. I zoomed into Brother Tregaskis face asking if he recognizes him. He immediately drags the photo to the right side and pointed at the person in the middle of the photo and said "That's me!" 

Wow... Such a small world. We went home after that conversation and I sat down and had a feeling of gratitude. I'm so thankful that we have the gospel in our lives. Indeed the gospel truly blesses families. 






No comments:

Post a Comment