Tuesday, March 27, 2018

St. George 1 My First Week On The Field !


On Mar. 27, 2018 at 4:33 GMT, Brent Sy <brent.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

你們好! My trainer is from Taiwan (Elder Tseng) so that's good. I have someone to talk to in Chinese. Our area are mostly members and less actives and our Mission President ( D. Zackary Smith) told us not to teach the less actives. And four of our investigators are sick, so we can't teach them. So not a ton of appointments last week.

The people here are not what I've expected. Probably because I kept thinking of the Taiwan people. But anyways, this is still the Lord's work. Just different people.

I've been thinking lately on why missions are hard and one of the reason I have seen is that when we need help, we usually turn to our parents, music, and friends directly. But as a missionary we don't have these things and the only person we can turn to directly is Heavenly Father. And looking back while I was at the MTC, I have seen Him helped me go through the trials I had.
I invite everyone to turn to Heavenly Father when you need help. Pray and ask him sincerely to help you. I testify that He will be there for you. 

Elder B. Sy




No comments:

Post a Comment